Howdy y’all! This is my everyday skin care routine. Over the years i’ve learned with my skin, that less is more. I can’t use a ton of products that do a thousand different things, I can’t use anything super harsh, because my skin is extremely sensitive, and I have seborrheic dermatitis (yippie…). So I really have to stick to the basics when it comes to products, and my skin honestly has never been better!
- Makeup remover- I use either Bioderma, or Dermalogica precleanse. Both of these remove every little bit of makeup no matter how much I put on. If I use Bioderma, I use the Shiseido cotton pads, THESE ARE AMAZING!! They are the best cotton pads ever, a tad expensive for cotton, but its worth it.
- cleanser- Since I have seborrheic dermatitis, I have to use the Dermadoctor Calm Cool and Corrected cleanser every other night to help my face not flake and burn off. When I’m not using that, I either use the Fresh Soy Face cleanser ( I’m not sure if I’m in love with it, but it smells like cucumber so I keep using it) OR something suuuuupppperrrrr gentle like Cera Ve or Cetaphil. I USUALLY only wash my face once a day, at night. I usually also shower at night too, because my hair is so thick that it takes a million years to dry and I like to air dry it. If I take a shower in the morning for some reason, then I wont use the Dermadoctor cleanser because it’s more of a treatment type of cleanser if that makes sense. Like I said, with my skin less is more, so thats why I only wash my face at night, If I wash it twice a day it will become sensitized, but every once in a while is okay.
- Masks- Both of these masks are from image and they’re both amazing! Image is what I used when I was in school, and I absolutely love their products. It’s cosmeceutical grade, so you cant get it over the counter but a lot of med spa’s and anti aging clinics sell it. I highly recommend anything from their brand. So the green one is the balancing mask from their Ormedic line, anything balancing has my name written all over it. This line is awesome for anyone with sensitive skin or anyone who has just had a chemical peel or treatment done, because its so gentle. You can even sleep in it and use it as a overnight mask. I usually use this once a week as just a refresher and to bring my skin down to ground 0. The orange one is hydrating vitamin C mask from their Vital C line. This one is really really awesome as a treatment mask for dry skin. Its very hydrating and it feels like you’re doing something really good for your skin when you use it.
- Toner- I’m not HUGE on toners, Most of them, in my opinion, dont make a difference. However, in my situation this toner has dramatically helped my skin. It’s the Murad Hydrating Toner. I use this in the morning with an eye cream, and at night after cleansing. This is what I spray on my face in the mornings instead of washing my face. Its ph balancing, which I need because like i’ve said a thousand times, I have seborrheic dermatitis and that means I have a yeast over growth in my body, meaning my ph balance is way off. This keeps my skin hydrated, But also keeps it from flaring up. It also smells so frickin good I want to drink it.
- Serum- Honestly, I don’t use a lot of serums just because my skin is sensitive and like I said, less is more for me. When I do use one though, I really like the Iluma lightening serum. This is a sample that I got from when I was in school, I have about a thousand of them, and it lasts forever. I don’t use it every single night, I know if I want to see results I probably should use it consistently, but I like it when I do use it and it doesn’t irritate my skin. I’ll probably start using it more when as I age and want to start lightening any age spots or freckles. It also smells like pina colada, sooo… yeah. enough said.
- eye cream- I’ve been on the hunt for a good eye cream for a while, but I really don’t want to spend $90. I tried the Origins GinZing eye cream, but it actually broke me out and gave me little bumps under my eye. I tried it twice, and it happened each time. So I ended up returning it and buying the Juice Beauty Brightening Eye Cream. I’ve only been using this stuff for a couple weeks, but it doesn’t break me out so that’s a plus, so I guess I like it?? I use it morning and night, and I haven’t noticed a huge difference, but I’ve never really owned an eye cream that i’ve LOVED. So we’ll see. So far so good though.
- Moisturizer- These are the 4 moisturizers that I keep in my little skin care box. On the far left is the Clinique Moisture Surge. I hardly ever use this, but I figured I would include it anyways. I meant to buy the moisture surge intense, but I accidentally bought the extended relief one and I’m not in love with it, just because my skin is too dry for it. Its not bad my any means, but its just not heavy enough for me. It doesnt break my out, so it is gentle, but I need something a little thicker. It would probably make a good summer moisturizer so maybe I’ll start using it again now that its getting warmer. Next is my tried and true, the First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream. This stuff I love, because its so moisturizing and meant for people with skin conditions like mine, or eczema, which I also have. You can use it on the face or anywhere you have dry irritation. Next is the Mario Badescu Collagen Moisturizer. This Has SPF 15 which isn’t a lot, but I basically use this if I wash my face in the morning, and every now and then even if I dont wash my face in the morning, I’ll use it along with the toner and eye cream for a little sun protection during the day. Obviously if i’m going to be out in the sun I use an SPF 50. But while im at work all day inside, this does the trick. Last is the Cera Ve facial moisturizing lotion. This is super hydrating because it has Hyaluronic acid in it, which it super super good for your skin and keeps it plump and soft all day. I’ll use this along with the Cera Ve cleanser if my skin is having an episode and I really need to use the simplest products to get it under control.
and we’ve finally come the end!! If you have any questions about these products, or skincare in general, let me know!